Ignite Amps: TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer
A free emulation of an infamous green overdrive pedal.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
The TSB-1 Tyrant Screamer plugin is based on a physical pedal built by Ignite Amps for guitarists Hadi Sarieddine and Mohammed Gad of the band Benevolent. It was inspired by the coveted green ‘808’ overdrive pedal, and has additional features to increase its versatility, making it suitable for extremely down-tuned guitars. It can add bite and dirt to clean or overdriven guitar tones, as well as help the amplifier produce tighter, more focused lead tones, deliver more responsive picking, and avoid low-end muddiness and high-end fizz.
- Dynamic 2N3904 Bipolar Junction Transistors stages analogue modelling
- Dynamic 1N4148 diode circuit analogue modelling
- Mono & Stereo processing support
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point internal processing
- Fully automatable controls