Ignite Amps: TPA-1
A free emulation of a Class AB tube power amplifier.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
Designed and developed to be paired with any guitar preamp — be that plugin- or hardware-based — the TPA-1 is a digital emulation of a class AB tube power amplifier for guitar. While the circuit is not based on any particular physical power amplifier, it has been designed to have enough versatility to offer useable tones, ranging from vintage to modern. The TPA-1 plugin is intended to be used as a guitar tube power amplifier simulator in live or studio settings, and allows the user to shape its dynamic behaviour with very little effort.
- Dynamic EL34 / 6L6GC / KT88 pentodes/tetrodes analogue modelling (push-pull stage)
- Dynamic ECC83 / 12AX7 triode analogue modelling (phase inverter stage)
- Mono & Stereo processing support
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Global input & output level controls
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point mathematical model
- Fully automatable controls