Ignite Amps: TS-999
A free emulation of an overdrive pedal for guitar.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
Built for Subhuman guitarists Matteo Buti and Elia Murgia by Ignite Amps in 2010, the TS-999 SubScreamer is a digital emulation of an overdrive pedal for guitar and was developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart. The TS-999 core circuit is inspired by the infamous green ‘808’ overdrive pedal, but has additional features that increase its versatility. It can be used to add dirt and bite to clean guitar tones, and it can also reduce low-end muddiness and high-end fizz, and make amplifier distortion sound tighter, more focused, and with a more reactive picking response.
TS-999 can be used as an overdrive pedal for live performances, and tracking or mixing inside hosts capable of VST or AU plugin support.
- Dynamic 2N3904 BJT input and output buffers analogue modelling
- Dynamic 1N4148 diode clipping circuit analogue modelling
- Op-amp saturation analog modelling
- Symmetric & Asymmetric clipping mode
- Normal & Fat bass response mode
- Mono & Stereo processing support
- Switchable Input & Output Buffer modelling to decrease CPU usage
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point mathematical model
- Fully automatable controls