PTEq-X: Ignite Amps
A free emulation of three vintage passive program equalisers.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
PTEq-X has been developed to have all the characteristics of the original hardware, plus some circuit improvements and additional features to increase its versatility. It is meant to be used as a studio equaliser for tracking, mixing, and mastering inside hosts that are capable of VST or AU plugin support.
- Three different equalisation modules with perfectly analogue curve response even at highest frequencies
- Ignite Amps 3rd generation triode stage analogue modelling for 4 different tube types
- Additional selectable frequencies for the PEQ1A model, compared to the original design
- Refined filters frequency precision for the MQ5 and HL3C models, compared to the original design
- Switchable equalisers and tube stage modelling for better CPU usage management
- Switchable linear phase oversampling for aliasing reduction
- Global input / output level controls
- Mono / Stereo processing support
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point processing
- Fully automatable controls
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions