Ignite Amps: The Anvil
A free digital emulation of a three-channel tube preamplifier for guitar.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
With its real hardware counterpart being designed by Andy Zeugs, The Anvil has been developed to accurately model a three-channel tube preamplifier for guitar. It has three completely independent channels, with different signal paths and separate tonestack controls to maximise its versatility. The Clean channel is inspired by the classic Californian circuits and provides crystal clear tones even at high gain settings. The Rhythm channel has a hot-rodded British character, varying from mild crunch to hi-gain distortion. Finally, the Lead channel provides super-tight metal tones, retaining accuracy and responsiveness even at very high gain settings.
The Anvil is meant to be used as a guitar preamplifier for live performance, or tracking or mixing inside of hosts capable of VST, VST3 or AU plugin support.
- Ignite Amps 3rd generation triode modelling engine
- Three channels: Clean, Rhythm, and Lead, each with fully separated controls
- Mono & Stereo processing support
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Global input & output level controls
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point mathematical model
- Fully automatable controls
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions