Ignite Amps: NRR-1
A free digital emulation of a three-channel tube preamp for guitar.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
Built for then Fleshgod Apocalypse guitarist Cristiano Trionfera by Ignite Amps back in 2009, NRR-1 is a digital emulation of a three-channel tube preamplifier for guitar. Developed to accurately model its real hardware counterpart, the core circuit of the NRR-1 is based mainly on a famous boutique preamplifier made in 1988, and modded to suit Cristiano’s needs in the best possible way.
- Ignite Amps 3rd generation triode modelling engine
- Three channels: Clean, Rhythm and Lead, each with fully separated controls
- Mono & Stereo processing support
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Global input & output level controls
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point mathematical model
- Fully automatable controls
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions