Ignite Amps: SHB-1
A free emulation of a 6 triode stage, 1300W Class D bass amp.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
SHB-1 is based on the real SHB-1 ‘Extreme Bass Head’, built by Ignite Amps for Federico Fulceri — bass player of Italian thrash metal band Subhuman — and features 6 triode stages and a 1300W Class D power-amp. The SHB-1 can be used as a bass amplifier when rehearsing or performing live, or tracking and mixing inside hosts capable of handling VST or AU plugin support.
- Dynamic 12AX7 / ECC83 coupled triode stages analogue modelling.
- Mono & Stereo processing support
- Selectable oversampling rate (up to 8x)
- Global input & output level controls
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point mathematical model
- Fully automatable controls