Ignite Amps: NadIR
A free dual-IR convolver for guitar & bass cab sims.
Born in 2006, Ignite Amps is an Italian company that builds highly customised hardware amplifiers, and codes software emulations. After being provided with the customer’s build requirements and specifications, the company creates an accurate software simulation which allows the customer to trial and offer feedback before the hardware build commences. Ignite Amps also creates digital emulation plugins of these and other hardware builds which are designed to be used live and in the studio.
NadIR is a zero latency, dual impulse response (IR) convolver, designed to be used as a cabinet simulator for guitar and bass preamps, as plugins or used with hardware, and has been designed to perform pristine quality convolution in real time, while being easy to use, and light on the CPU. It provides advanced built-in filters and delay controls which let guitarists and bassists shape their tone with ease — without needing to be professional audio engineers. NadIR is intended to be used as a cabinet simulator when playing live, tracking, or mixing inside host software capable of VST/VST3 or AU plugin support.
NadIR now comes as part of the Ignite Amps and STL Tones Emissary 2.0 Bundle.
- Zero Latency
- Low CPU usage
- Three routing modes: Mono, Dual Mono and Stereo
- Selectable quality control for max IR length (up to 0.5 seconds)
- Automatic high-quality resampling for IRs with different sampling rates
- High-quality analogue shaped filters
- Selectable delay for phase interactions between loaded IRs
- Resonance for power-amp/speaker interaction control
- Algorithmic room reverb for far mic’ing simulation
- Continuous morphing control between loaded IRs
- Global input/output level and single IR level controls
- Fully automatable controls
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions
- Bundled with studio quality cab IRs and presets