Blue Cat Audio: Flanger
A free vintage-style flanging plugin.
With a background in industrial software engineering, Blue Cat Audio’s founder Guillaume Jeulin understands the importance of stable software. The French company offers professional audio effects, innovative audio analysis tools, and standalone applications that transform Digital Audio Workstations into professional audio processing environments. As an extra arrow in Blue Cat’s quiver, it also offers consulting and engineering services for custom software development, and as such has amassed a variety of customers, ranging from recording studios, universities and recording schools, and home studio owners, to recording engineers, and professional and amateur musicians.
Made famous during the 70s and 80s, the flange effect can be used on almost anything — on drums, vocals, synths, or guitars — and achieves anything from a subtle effect to a metallic effect. Despite the simple user interface, Blue Cat’s Flanger is quite versatile and can generate sounds that go from soft and smooth filtering effects to deep, harsh, and otherworldly ‘vocal’ effects. The stereo version also allows for a smooth transition into a stereo flanging effect with a single ‘Spread’ knob, flipping the sound as it spreads into the stereo field.
- Vintage flanger effect
- Stereo spread control
- Sine or triangle LFO shapes
- In or out of phase feedforward and feedback paths
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plugin formats for Mac and Windows
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn
- No CPU load on idle. Processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage)
- Customisable user interface with transparency & zoom
- Smooth Bypass. Noiseless plugin activation / deactivation
- Full featured integrated presets manager
- Copy/paste the state of the plugin between instances
- Any sample-rate supported
This plugin is also available in the Blue Cat bundle, ‘Freeware Plugins Pack ii’. https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_FreewarePack/