PIANISSIMO WINDSHIELD — AudioTechnology
Following the success of its Piano windshield, French audio company Cinela has launched the Pianissimo for the new generation of short shotgun mics and coincident stereo, surround-sound combinations and other mics shorter than 21cm (8-inches).
Pianissimo integrates the ‘floating basket’ design pioneered by Cinela in 2007 with full-cage isolation to reduce vibration and handling noise, achieved with four flexible ‘U’ isolators installed around the cage, and a rubber bellows at the bottom of the cage to ensure flexibility and keep any wind out.
Designed primarily for the pro film and video industries, the robust windshield weighs 330g is compatible with mics including the DPA4017, Sanken CS1, Sennheiser 8060, Sennheiser MKH40/50, Schoeps CMC, CCM, MS, XY, DMS and more, with a variety of suspension modules. Other versions and upgrade kits are also available for two- or three-channel configurations, along with an optimal Kelly rain cover. A polycarbonate hard transportation shell is included.
- Max length of mike: 8 in (21 cm)
- DPA 4017, Sennheiser MKH 8060, Sanken CS1
- Schoeps CMC, CCM (with A-CCM-CMC)
- Schoeps CMC + CUT1
- Sennheiser MKH 40/50
- Numerous M&S combinations …available soon
- Many double M&S combinations …available soon
- Very light yet durable cage constructed in two parts. Its upper and lower halves are held together at six points by simple friction.
- Aerodynamic ovoid shape and maximum internal space around the microphone for high wind resistance. The primary covering is a special two-millimeter-thick texturized fabric that surrounds the cage, providing effective first-level wind protection with acoustic transparency.
- The central support has two positions, which enable fitting different suspension for various microphones and combinations.
- 8 in (21 cm) microphone on the first fixing point at the rear of the support. The mono version using the new OSIX series with elliptical isolators. Total interchangeability of suspensions between PIANO, PIANISSIMO, and OSIX (7,8, and 9).
- Standard PIANO 1 swivel, single axis with XLR holder. The swivel is tightened using a toothed wheel, which permits a firm grip with light force.
- The secret second swivel, only adjustable with the help of a screwdriver is useful for stereo applications. The swivel and cable turn in a block on the central axis. As standard, unlike the PIANO, the PIANISSIMO turns on both axes, but can be locked for mono use.
- The PIANISSIMO comes with a virtually unbreakable transparent shell made from polycarbonate.
For more info, check: www.cinela.fr
DB Audio Visual: (03) 9819 3630 or www.dbav.com.au
Excerpt from Press Release