PreSonus Unveils Studio One+
Plus new streamlined subscription model & upgrades to Studio One 6.2.
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc. has announced Studio One+, a revamped version of PreSonus Sphere, and will include all of PreSonus’ core offerings under the umbrella of a single brand. Studio One+ gives users unlimited access to any and every utility necessary to produce, write, and record music. In addition to Studio One, Notion, and every plugin and extension, users also have access to an online portal that grants access to comprehensive masterclasses, collaborative digital tools, and a PreSonus online community. In addition, every month there will be exclusive content at no additional fees.
“Our goal behind the Studio One+ rebrand was to streamline the PreSonus journey for our users by giving them access to everything they need and more,” said Arnd Kaiser, General Manager, Software at PreSonus. “We used requests for new features and updates that came directly from our consumers and the resulting pieces of software are uniquely optimised for the user experience. Studio One+ is far more than a DAW, it’s an extension of the creative process entirely. We look forward to hearing testimonials from our community.”
Studio One is available for purchase via Studio One+ subscription or perpetual license by visiting the PreSonus website. Whether a user chooses a monthly or annual payment plan, they will have access to professional caliber software at entry-level cost.
With this new centralised approach, users will also have access to the latest updates of Studio One 6.2 and Notion Mobile 3.2, which include new features that were sourced directly from user requests. These updates are designed to put an emphasis on improved workflow and performance ensuring seasoned professionals and beginners alike will be able to express their creativity with ease. “We are excited to roll out these tested and tried new features in the new Studio One 6.2 update. They will allow users to have a more efficient workflow, allowing more time to create ,” added Kaiser.
Studio One 6.2
NEW FEATURES & USER FEEDBACK-BASED IMPROVEMENTS:
- Takes and Layers workflow, which is responsible for capturing and comping takes, has been remodelled drastically to better suit the often fast paced and hectic nature of tracking and editing with more control.
- Auto Zoom automatically fits the contents of the Arrangement and Editors to any size screen and keeps them in place when changing or adjusting window configuration.
- A new custom folder called “Event Editors” has been added to the Browser Effects tab and will provide one unified location for all ARA enabled plug-ins. Also, Event FX will now highlight and separate ARA plug-ins from other effects.
- The extended notification centre will now display community notifications including when someone likes or replies to a user post.
- Using drag-and-drop, Insert and send effects can now be copied or moved with their associated automation data, a feature that can be used for both copying and moving plug-ins. The new update also includes a more consistent track and channel behaviour.
- Note Editing Enhancements include a new scale highlighting feature which highlights scale pitches in the Note Editor background any time a scale filter is selected and active.
- A new option “Scale” has been added to highlight notes on pitches outside of the selected scale; a simple and effective way of identifying “wrong” notes when editing.
- Macro Organiser and Toolbar enhancements
- Distribute Lyrics to Notes in Score View
- Stretch Automation when resizing Note Events
- Customisation presets on Templates
- Tape-style time-stretching improvements
- Send MIDI Clock option for hardware controllers
Notion Mobile 3
Notion Mobile 3 took mobile music notation to the next level with support for iOS, Android, Windows and macOS. Now version 3.2 adds enhancements to its tablature and chord features, multiple instrument changes per staff, and a number of new timesaving editing features. Notion Mobile is also now available in Samsung’s Galaxy Store.
PreSonus Studio One+
PreSonus Sphere is now Studio One+, and packed with everything needed to fuel creativity, including access to an always up-to-date version of the powerful digital audio workstation, Studio One Professional, and an entire library of plugins, loops, and professional tools.