NextGeneration Limited-Edition Cans
Audio-Technica’s ATH-M50xDS & ATH-M50xBT2DS.
Audio-Technica, a leader in professional and personal audio technology, announces both the ATH-M50xDS professional monitoring headphones and ATH-M50xBT2DS wireless headphones. Since 2012, Audio-Technica has created limited-edition colourways of the ATH-M50 and ATH-M50x headphones, and this year’s models are available in Deep Sea: a dramatic, deep, dark blue. Chosen by 38% of Audio-Technica fans across the globe in an online vote, the limited edition finish captures the mysterious depths of water.
As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series range, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. From the large-aperture drivers, sound-isolating earcups and robust construction, the ATH-M50xDS headphones provide an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
Conversely, the ATH-M50xBT2 headphones utilise Bluetooth wireless technology and offer the same studio-quality sound in a wireless package. The M50xBT2 headphones deliver an exhilarating listening experience, boasting exceptional clarity and a deep, accurate bass response, along with 50 hours of playtime on a single charge. There’s even the option to adjust the headphone’s EQ settings, if users so choose, in the Audio-Technica Connect app.
- Dramatic dark blue finish
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers
- Wide frequency range with exceptional audio clarity
- 90° swivelling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Padded headband and earpads for comfort in extended use
- Collapsible folding body for easy transport
- Three detachable cables
- Dramatic dark blue finish
- Wireless headphones with up to 50 hours of continuous use on a full charge and up to 3 hours of use on a 10-minute rapid charge (via USB-C connection)
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers and dedicated amplifier for exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Low latency mode
- Premium audio-grade components, including an AK4331 advanced audio DAC and dedicated internal headphone amp
- Dual mics and beamforming technology ensuring crystal-clear call quality
- Sidetone circuitry letting users hear their voice in the headphones when making calls on most smartphones
- Microphone can be muted with a simple press of a button
- Multipoint pairing function
- Buttons built into the earcup for easy control, and access to voice assistant (Amazon Alexa Built-in, Google Assistant, Siri)
- Google Fast Pair lets users quickly pair headphones with an Android smartphone or other device
- A-T Connect app gives users additional control
- Compatible with high-quality LDAC and AAC codecs
- Over-ear design for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material for long-lasting durability and comfort
- Includes 1.2 m (3.9-inch) cable for optional wired connection
The ATH-M50xDS (A$319) and ATH-M50xBT2DS (A$379) are available nationwide on 1st of September 2022.