Keystep Pro Update — AudioTechnology
Keystep Pro’s latest firmware update improves MIDI In, Count In recording, simultaneous track recording, and other user-suggested upgrades.
Arturia continue to analyse feedback on their latest controller, KeyStep Pro, and are now delivering the 1.2.6 update, including workflow improvements and bug fixes.
- Reworked MIDI In implementation – Notes sent to the track’s input MIDI channels are now processed as if these were played on the KeyStep Pro keyboard and transmitted to the MIDI and CV Outputs.
- More recording flexibility with the count in – When recording in real time, notes played prior to the recording are maintained after the start and are now recorded as well.
- Record several patterns on the fly – Patterns can now be changed while record is ON. This lets you build several patterns at one time leaving more room for your creative flow when jamming.
- Drum track time division per pattern – The drum track time division is now stored in each drum pattern and recalled when changing from one pattern to another.
- Sync Auto mode improvement – KeyStep Pro is now able to jump back to its internal clock after having been synced to an external source.
- Sync handling improvements – Synchronization accuracy has been improved and now supports all clock rate formats.
- New screen feedback messages – For some actions, new screen messages have been added to make the workflow more intuitive
- Bug fixes – The update also comes with various bug fixes and workflow improvements. For more details, check out the release notes.
How To Install The Update
Connect KeyStep Pro to your computer with a USB cable
Open the Arturia MIDI Control Center software
Select ‘KeyStep Pro’ from the dropdown menu
Select ‘Firmware Revision’ and then ‘Update’