Arturia releases KeyStep 37
Keyboard-native composers get themselves Chord mode, scale quantisation and LED note feedback with control of outboard via MIDI CC and a comfy keybed
Transform single note melodies and unfinished ideas into musical stepping stones. Choose from multiple chord voicings, instrument-like strum effects, and expressive velocity settings and make your music really sing. Map out KeyStep 37’s keybed with a scale of your choice using Scale mode and never play a wrong note again. Tap into your MIDI hardware and software with assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks.
The unique interplay between KeyStep 37’s features is designed to unlock and connect musical ideas in real-time. It encourages spontaneity and experimentation, letting musicians and producers savor the creative process. Let’s take a closer look at the features:
- 37-note Slimkey keyboard: With velocity, aftertouch and real-time RGB LED indicators for a comfortable, responsive performance.
- Creative sequencer and arpeggiator: Sequence up to 64-steps with 8-note polyphony and 8 custom pattern slots, or explore 8 modes of arpeggiation.
- Supercharged Chord mode: Generate instant chord sequences that respond to your velocity, with 12 chord types, and animate your chords with the articulate instrument-like strum control.
- Scale mode: Quantise the keyboard and never play a wrong note. Choose from 5 scales, including a user-defined scale, to set your own musical terms.
- Assignable MIDI CC controls: Interact with your hardware and software with 16 assignable MIDI CC parameters across 4 switchable banks, accessible via a new control panel and screen.
- Versatile connectivity: Connect to your computer, your desktop MIDI synths, or your CV & modular gear for simultaneous control over hardware and software.