Antelope Edge Go & Orion Gen 3 Products
2019 sees Antelope Audio firing on all cylinders with the premiere of three new products — Edge Go, a bus-powered modelling microphone, and two new flagship audio interfaces Orion32+ | Gen 3, and Orion32 HD | Gen 3.
Joining the Edge Family of modelling microphones is Edge Go. Connected via USB-C and equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack for real-time monitoring, Edge Go achieves an entire processed vocal chain at the hardware level all in real-time. With a variety of high-end condenser mic models and a special selection of lifelike vintage compressor and EQ effects, plus built-in de-essing, gating/expansion, tape saturation, and reverb all controlled by a PC/Mac app. Saying that, a collection of channel strip presets, crafted by industry pros, makes it even easier to quickly achieve a sound that’s ready for radio, podcast, Twitch stream, or album.
The Orion32+ | Gen 3 brings the same incredible connectivity, flexibility, and channel counts to the production table that the original Orion32+ made its notable name with. But there’s even more to it now — elevated operating levels (+24dBu max), upgraded AD/DA conversion, ultra-fast and stable custom Thunderbolt driver for Windows, and a major facelift. Just like its predecessor, the Orion32+ | Gen 3 stands ready to take over studios and live shows internationally. It will be available at an even more accessible starting price with a selection of real-time, FPGA-powered effects from the astronomical Antelope Audio collection.
The original Orion32 HD set a new price/performance standard for HDX-compatible I/O. Conversion and connectivity for the price ensure expectations are redefined once again with the Orion32 HD | Gen 3. It includes all the power of the original, now upgraded with Antelope Audio’s AD/DA conversion — its Monitor output pair has been measured at an impressive 136dB dynamic range.
Orion32 HD | Gen 3 Features
- Pro Tools HD- and Native-compatible 64×64 AD/DA converter
- Industry-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 136dB dynamic range
- 38 FPGA-powered real-time FX models of iconic studio gear
- Streaming of 24-bit, 192kHz audio via HDX or USB 3.0
- Next-generation 64-bit clocking and jitter management
- 10MHz input enables connection to 10M and 10MX atomic clocks
- Word Clock outputs for use as master clock
- Additional connectivity on MADI, ADAT, S/PDIF, 8x DB25
- Mastering-grade monitor outputs
- Housed in efficient ‘green design’ fan-less chassis
- Networking control from multiple computers
- Flexible routing, mixing, and effects chaining via macOS and Windows app
- Freely movable and resizable control panels for multi-screen workflows
- Facelift for 2019