Adding More Manchester Muscle
Turbosound expands flagship series.
Turbosound has announced the launch of three new products to its flagship Manchester series; the MV210-HC line array element, MS121 subwoofer and MC12-P point source element, and a range of accompanying accessories, designed specifically for touring PA and large-scale install applications. In 2019, Turbosound unveiled five new touring products: the MV212 and MV212-XV line array elements, MS215 and MS218 subwoofers, as well as the MAN-FG universal fly grid. These latest additions increase the ranges’ versatility which provide a complete solution, no matter the venue or requirement.
The Latest Additions:
- A dual 10-inch, 990-Watt hybrid curve line array element, delivering unparalleled clarity and intelligibility in a compact design
- It provides exceptional coverage in wide rooms and distributed fill applications due to its broad 100° horizontal by 20° vertical dispersion pattern
- Its hybrid curve technology allows for it to be used as a constant curve array, starting at 2 elements for smaller applications and morphing into a full-blown line array
- Featuring two 10-inch neodymium cone low frequency drivers and a 1.4-inch coaxial neodymium MF/HF compression driver
- A compact passive single 21-inch 2,000-Watt cardioid-arrayable, reflex loaded subwoofer
- Its four-point rigging system allows for an array of configurations
- The low distortion design utilised reinforces the low frequency spectrum, steep cut-off slopes and DLP Technology (Diverging Laminar Port) ensures an effective acoustic transition with other Manchester elements
- A 12-inch 690-Watt Point Source Asymmetrical element
- Featuring a 12-inch low frequency transducer with lightweight neodymium motor and 1.4-inch coaxial neodymium MF/HF compression driver
- Its asymmetrical 40°-100° horizontal by 30° vertical dispersion pattern, provides outstanding sonic quality and coverage in wide rooms as a standalone system, with or without subwoofers
That’s Not All
With the ever-increasing complexity of modern-day line array systems, the entire Manchester series features seamless integration with Lake Processing DSP and the Lab Gruppen PLM+ series. Turbosound have further prepared and meticulously designed a series of presets that will allow the user to achieve the maximum system performance and consistency possible.
The newest additions also come with its own group of accessories, including the MAN-FG universal fly grid for MV210-HC Line Array Elements and MS121 Subwoofers, the MS121-VT and MV210-VT vertical transporters, plus mounting brackets, as well as a stand adapter for the MC12-P.
“The addition to the Manchester Series is driven by our customers who wanted to see this range expand to cover applications where a smaller footprint is needed,” comments Chris Hinds, Turbosound’s Customer Solutions Leader. “Today’s touring requirements demand not only clear and consistent sound, but use of the full audio spectrum. As such, LF extension has been considered throughout the series. Our 21-inch bass cabinet (MS121) allows users to enter the 25Hz region, whilst maintaining a fast transient response and a considerable power output. Whereas the first of our point-source boxes, the MC12-P, utilises the same loading techniques and Mid/High components found in the MV212/XV and MC210-HC to give a consistent, familiar sound across the range. We’re excited to see the range grow and place us firmly back in the touring market.”