UAD 8.0: APOLLO UPSIZED — AudioTechnology
Announced a few months ago at NAMM 2015, Universal Audio has now released the latest version of its analogue emulation plugins – UAD v8.0. Which includes the highly anticipated addition of Apollo Expanded.
For those who missed the NAMM announcement, Apollo Expanded allows users of the Apollo Twin (review link), Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD, and Apollo 16 (review link) to combine up to four Apollo audio interfaces via Thunderbolt and a total of six UAD-2 (review link) devices. Thereby giving users the ability to add extra DSP and I/O as their studio needs change and evolve.
Along with the ability to mix and match devices, Apollo Expanded also brings with it new dynamic workflow options in the form of Console 2.0; adding more than 25 new user-requested features. Currently, Console 2.0 works only with Thunderbolt-equipped work machines and devices, however, UA has promised a FireWire update for Mac and Windows, slated for later this year.
Other additions to v8.0 include a number of new powered plugin categories and compatibility for Mac OS X Yosemite.
APOLLO EXPANDED FEATURES
- “Mix and Match” up to four Apollos (any model) over Thunderbolt (Mac).
- Simple Thunderbolt cable cascading between units.
- Combine up to six UAD-2 devices per system.
- New Console 2.0 — High-resolution 64-bit software interface for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos with over 25 new user-requested features.
- New Flex Driver lets users customise Core Audio I/O — name, save, and share presets for different hardware setups and DAWs.
- Star clocking over Thunderbolt distributes high-quality clock to all Apollos.
- Add an Apollo Twin for desktop monitor control as well as additional DSP and connectivity.
Check out the Apollo Expanded intro video below:
Sound Machine Wood Works Plug-In
- Record your acoustic guitar direct, in real time with microphone quality sound using Apollo Twin, DUO, or QUAD.
- Provides the rich resonance and vibrancy missing from unprocessed acoustic guitar pickups.
- No time-consuming setup; provides consistent premium sound every time you monitor or record acoustic guitar.
- Freedom to re-mic as you mix, changing and adding microphones as needed to fit your production.
UA Distortion Essentials Plug-In Bundle
- Features the legendary Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 (also sold separately for US$129),Raw Distortion (based on the vintage early-80s Pro Co Rat), and Bermuda Triangle (based on the early 70s-era Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi) plug-ins.
- Harnesses Unison technology to precisely emulate the circuit interaction, gain range, and clip points of the original stompboxes
Friedman Amplifiers Plug-In Collection by Brainworx
- Faithful emulation of two modern boutique amps inspired by classic British tube amps, designed by legendary amp guru David Friedman.
- FX Rack features lo-fi delay, noise gate, and filter controls.
- 66 impulse responses for each amp, with multiple speaker cabinets recorded in a state of the art room with stellar gear.
- Re-amp less than perfect DI guitar tracks, previously recorded with other guitar amp simulations.
- Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces
Wood Works by Sound Machine intro video:
Excerpts from Press release