UA Releases LUNA
The first recording platform with deep Apollo integration, LUNA features built-in instruments and extensions from Neve, Moog, Studer, and more
Universal Audio (UA), a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, releases LUNA Recording System, a music production workstation shaped by over 60 years of analog exploration.
Available for download and free for all Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and Arrow owners, LUNA transforms UA’s industry-standard Apollo into an inspiring and fully integrated recording system.
Deep Apollo Integration for a Fast, Natural Workflow
LUNA gives Apollo owners a slick recording environment for music production, editing, and mixing. LUNA’s Accelerated Realtime Monitoring gives users seamless hardware-software integration for capturing audio through UAD plug-ins with no discernible latency, offering Apollo owners the most natural, analog-style workflow of any DAW available.
All-New LUNA Instruments & Extensions
Rounding out LUNA’s featureset at launch is a full suite of built-in instruments and extensions, created in collaboration with the biggest brands in audio. From integrated Studer multitrack tape and genuine Neve summing, to all-new LUNA Instruments from Moog, UA, Spitfire Audio, and more, LUNA brings Universal Audio’s expertise in modelling, sampling, and synthesis to the forefront of audio production.
LUNA Recording System — Key Features:
- Free UA recording application for all macOS-based Thunderbolt Apollo and Arrow users
- Accelerated Realtime Monitoring provides analog-style tracking and overdubbing
- Deep Apollo and Arrow integration for a fast, natural workflow
- Built-in Neve Summing extension for instant classic console sound
- Integrated Oxide and Studer multitrack tape delivers warmth and punch on demand
- All-new LUNA Instruments include Ravel grand piano, Moog Minimoog, and Shape creative toolkit
- Unlimited track count, or as many as your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac will handle
- Contextual editing and browsing — the system intelligently switches tools and viewing modes based on workflow
- Runs all UAD and Audio Units (AU) plug-ins and instruments
- Session Auto-Save — LUNA is constantly saving, so you’ll never lose your work again
- AAF imports allow you to import sessions from other major DAWs using the industry-standard Advanced Authoring Format (AAF)