KIT Plugins Releases BB N73
The first 1073 emulation from world-renowned Blackbird Studio.
KIT Plugins and the legendary Blackbird Studio are releasing BB N73, the first-ever 1073 emulation from the world-renowned studio based in Nashville. KIT’s BB N73 is designed to sound and function just like the hardware in use at Blackbird Studio, offering one of the only real-world emulations that includes a separate controllable masterbus, inspired by the master channel from Blackbird’s 8058 console and built to sound and feel like the 1073 master buss amp.
The 1073 is one of the most iconic channels in recorded music history, having played a critical role in shaping the sound of music since the 1970s. Popularised by its identifiable analogue character and simple, eloquent controls, the 1073 is known for its fat, warm, colourful tones, and has been used to create some of the greatest chart-topping albums by some of the most-well known artists in history.
Featured by Forbes and named in Mix Magazine’s list of pro audio companies to watch in 2023, KIT Plugins has helped countless producers, engineers, and creatives enhance their sound with their ground-breaking new software.
KIT’s team of engineers worked closely with Blackbird Studio owner John McBride and his team to capture detailed aspects of twelve hand-picked vintage units in use at the studio. To incorporate McBride’s favourite characteristics of each 1073, they were analysed to ensure that every audible detail was accounted for, and captured their essence, which included everything from cables and modifications, to age and irregularities.
“Building the BB N73 has been one of our biggest projects yet. With other entries in the space this needed to be special. As a user of many different 1073 plug-ins, I always found the models to be more reminiscent of a new unit than a vintage one — I wanted to fill that niche with Blackbird Studio. We analysed every vintage 1073 at the studio and selected twelve of the best units. John and I then selected our favourite aspects of each unit so that our development team could build what we believe is the perfect vintage style 73 channel,” shared Matt Kleinman, Founder, KIT Plugins.
“Like many, I gravitated towards the 1073 early in my career, for its unique sound, saturation, and tonal capabilities. The BB N73 brings everything I love about the original unit to life in your computer — from the legendary preamp and EQ to the iconic big red knob,” he added.
- Console frequency response accurately sampled from 10Hz to 96kHz
- Input and output trim to provide additional gain staging
- Master Buss. Emulates the vibe and mojo of pushing into a master buss of a console
- Auto Gain. Enhances the usability, as you add gain on the mic pre, the fader level now adjusts the output automatically to maintain dB level
- Continuous Gain optionally removes the notched movement of the mic pre
- Preamp Gain gives you more control of the gain level
- Tooltip displays the exact amount (to the nearest tenth of a dB) of gain added or subtracted on each EQ band and mic preamp
- Resizable GUI allows you to click and drag the bottom right corner to change the size of the plugin
- Fader Colour allows you to change the colour of the fader between black, silver, red, blue, and teal
- Oversampling allows you to adjust the sampling level from x2, x4, and x8 for higher definition or to relieve your CPU of intensive processing
BB N73 follows KIT’s award-winning BB N105 and BB Mo-Q plugins and is available now for a limited-time introductory price of $75. Users who purchased the BB N105 V1 will receive BB N73 free for a year.