BITWIG GOES BIG
There’s been some massive news from Bitwig today, with the announcement of Bitwig Studio 1.1, an upgrade which is currently in closed beta.
Ehsan Gelsi from Innovative Music was lucky enough to get hold of a special copy and has said:
“This will be a very major update, delivering a great many of the requested features, and some new approaches to sound design and composition within Bitwig.”
Adding, “And with the huge number of user and manufacturer created controller scripts – the functionality you can extract from your MIDI controller, straight out of the box, is pretty astonishing.”
- Multi Out VST routing
- New Timestretch modes
- Free MIDI routing between channels – route track note output to any other track
- Free Audio routing between channels
- Access individual channels, VST outs, Drum Machine cells etc. as sources for routing (huge)
- VST Sidechaining
- VST effect chains
- A whole lot of additions to the API
- New devices – De-Esser, Audio Router, MIDI router, Note MOD etc.
You can read our review of Bitwig Studio, here.
For those using Launchpad, Ehsan tells us that there is a clever user over on the KVR forums, who has expanded the LP script. Changing it from just a clip launching unit with some added functionality, into an incredibly powerful all-in-one controller for composition, mixing and performance. You can access that thread, by clicking here.
There’s no word as yet for when Bitwig Studio 1.1 will be available, but if it’s in beta, it can’t be too far away.
Innovative Music: (03) 9540 0658