Apogee Launches Jam X
Bring your instruments to life.
Apogee Electronics, a leader in digital audio recording since 1985, today announced the latest in its Jam series of guitar interfaces: Jam X. Building on the original Jam interface from 2010, Jam X provides the easiest way to connect your guitar to a computer or iOS device for studio-quality sound. However, Jam X adds a new feature unmatched by competitors, with an analogue compressor built right in. Apogee’s new Jam X interface allows musicians to plug in and start creating immediately with studio-grade sound and tone-shaping compression, meaning that users can experience their instrument in a whole new way.
Built-In Analogue Compressor
Jam X’s analogue compressor introduces an all-new feature to the Jam family. Choose from three presets that respond to how much you drive the input gain. By applying compression before your virtual amp sim, you’ll breathe new life into your guitar tone, providing endless tone-developing inspiration.
Jam X’s compressor lets you shape your clean tone by adding responsive, musical sustain and balance to your dynamics. Use it to fatten up single-coil pickups or tame humbuckers. With three modes — Smooth Leveler, Purple Squeeze, and Vintage Blue Stomp — you can go from subtle to extreme so whatever you choose, Jam X’s analogue compressor will become essential to your tone.
Never Miss A Beat
Stay in the rhythmic pocket with Blend mode, allowing you to record with absolutely no vibe-killing latency. To listen exclusively through your virtual amp software, turn off Blend with a click of a button. Whether recording your latest track or streaming music, Jam X dramatically improves audio playback. With high-resolution sample-rates up to 96kHz and ample headroom, the interface can deliver incredible clarity and volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- For guitar, bass, keyboards, synths, or any acoustic instrument with
- Built-in analogue compressor with 3 presets
- Smooth Leveler (Low Amount of Compression)
- Purple Squeeze (Medium Amount of Compression)
- Vintage Blue Stomp (Aggressive Amount of Compression)
- 1⁄8-inch output connects to headphones or powered speakers
- 1⁄4-inch studio quality instrument input
- 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio
- Rugged metal body
- Blend Mode – Record with zero latency
- Extended 60-Day Trial of Tim Henson’s Archetype Plugin from Neural DSP
- Ableton Live Lite
- Plug and play with any audio recording app
- Connect to Mac and Windows computers (Compatible with the Apogee ASIO Driver for Windows)
- Connect to iPad Pro with Type C port
Pricing & Availability
Jam X is available for US$199 on April 11th, 2023 from Apogee dealers worldwide.