Totally Addicted To Synth Bass
KORG’s Minilogue Bass polyphonic analogue synthesizer.
KORG’s Minilogue, with its completely unique analogue signal path, compact format, easy-to-play slim keys, and extensive sound capabilities, is one of the most popular, best selling synthesizers in music history. Now welcome the limited edition Minilogue Bass — designed and voiced to add inspirational bass to music.
The Minilogue Bass’s 100 programs have been created specifically for the Monologue Bass, and optimised by professional bass players and synth programmers to fit into any recording or performance. They can be edited and customised to taste using the VCOs, voice mode, and filter, and a further 100 user programs can be created and saved. All previous Minilogue programs are compatible with the Minilogue Bass which gives users access to a huge library of sounds.
Analogue Circuitry, Big Sound
The analogue circuitry of the Minilogue Bass is able to generate thick, full sound with a palette of harmonics that can’t be recreated on digital hardware or software synths, and the intuitive, editable panel interface allows quick changes when playing live or in the studio. The Minilogue Bass includes two VCOs, two EGs, a VCF, VCA and an LFO.
The unique wave shaping pioneered in the Minilogue can create oscillator harmonics, as well as offering multiple ways to modulate the signal with cross-modulation, oscillator sync, and a powerful ring modulator. The high-pass filter also features delay to expand the sonic possibilities.
Eight Voice Modes
The four-voice polyphonic structure and eight voice modes inherited from the Minilogue make it less likely that each sound will get cut off when playing, allowing the stacked voices to create a robust sound. Various effects such as Unison (for thick bass and lead sounds), Mono (a sub-oscillator an octave lower), and Delay, can be triggered at the press of a button.
- Poly — a four-voice poly synth
- Duo — a poly synth with two voices stacked in unison
- Unison — plays all voices in unison, as a mono synth
- Mono — a mono synth with sub-oscillator
- Chord — a chord generator
- Delay — voice 1 plays, followed by voices 2–4 play in a delayed sequence
- ARP — an arpeggiator with a maximum of 4 voices
- Side Chain — lowers the volume of the previously played voice when a new voice is played
The Minilogue Bass features a 16-step polyphonic sequencer with motion sequence functionality, storing the actions of up to four knobs or switches. The sequencer can do real-time recording with overdub and step recording, and automatically plays back repeated phrases while using the keyboard to change the root position.
Visualising The Sound
The built-in OLED features an oscilloscope function which displays sound as waveforms. Being able to view changes in the parameters in real time provides great visual feedback.
A Bold Look
The Minilogue Bass sports a sweeping faceplate, and the inverted red and white keys matched with the mahogany red of the stained timber backplate provides the synth with a striking presence.
The Sound Librarian can be used to arrange Minilogue Bass programs onboard — or save them externally to a computer — as well as handling the loading of KORG’s factory and bonus libraries.
Minilogue Bass Specifications:
37-keys (Slim-key, velocity sensitive)
200 programs (100 Presets / 100 Users)
- Each program includes voice mode and sequence data settings
- Up to eight favourite programs can be registered
8 modes (Poly, Duo, Unison, Mono, Chord, Delay, Arp, Side Chain)
VOICE MODE DEPTH can vary different parameters in each mode
Main Synthesis Parameter
- VCO1 — Octave, Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Pitch, Shape
- VCO2 — Octave, Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Pitch, Shape
- VCO2 MODULATION — Cross Mod Depth, Pitch EG Int, Sync, Ring
- MIXER — VCO1, VCO2, Noise
- FILTER — Cutoff, Resonance, EG Int, Filter Type (2-Pole, 4-Pole), Keytrack, Velocity
- AMP EG — Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- EG — Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- LFO — Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), EG Mod (Int, Rate, Off), Rate, Int, Target (Pitch, Shape, Cutoff)
- DELAY — Hi Pass Cutoff, Time, Feedback, Output Routing (Post Filter, Pre Filter, Bypass)
16-step polyphonic sequencer
Motion sequence can be used on up to four parameters
41 dedicated panel controls deliver immediate parameter access
A slider can control different parameters for each program
Real-time OLED oscilloscope provides visual feedback of parameter changes
- Headphones (6.3mm stereo phone jack)
- Output (6.3mm monaural phone jack)
- Audio In (6.3mm monaural phone jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack)
- MIDI In
- MIDI Out
- USB Type B
AC adapter (DC9V)
(W x D x H)
500 x 300 x 85 mm / 19.69″ x 11.81″ x 3.35″
2.8 kg / 6.17 lbs.