MOTU ULTRALITE AVB AUDIO INTERFACE
The latest entry to MOTU’s award winning series of audio interfaces has begun shipping. The UltraLite AVB, is a compact 18-input, 18-output audio interface with DSP mixing, wireless control, and AVB audio networking.
Designed for on-the-go recording, this new audio interface features more I/O than many of the company’s previous models. Including separate mic and guitar inputs (two of each), 8-channel ADAT optical (switchable to stereo TOSLink), 6 x 8 balanced quarter-inch analog I/O and MIDI IN/OUT jacks, with measured analog outputs of 117 dB of dynamic range. All housed in an aluminum alloy half-rack chassis that’s small enough to fit into a backpack.
The unit’s console-style mixer features an expanded DSP, which the company says has doubled its available processing power. Providing 48 inputs, 12 stereo busses and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. User’s can patch to multiple places via the unit’s matrix routing, or use it as a stand-alone mixer, with wireless control via the MOTU AVB Discovery app on either their iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows computer.
User’s can record sample rates up to 192 kHz on any computer directly connected to the interface, via the AVB Ethernet or through an audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Or utilise the I/O of multiple interfaces and computers through an expanded MOTU AVB network.
“Like its predecessors, the UltraLite AVB delivers an impressive combination of superb audio quality and innovative features that truly set it apart from other mobile audio interfaces,” said Jim Cooper, MOTU Director of Marketing.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
The UltraLite AVB is now shipping, with a retail price of A$1299.
Australian Distributor: Network Audio Solutions, Ph: 1300 30 66 70 or (02) 9525 2088, Web: www.networkaudio.com.au
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Mic inputs: 2 x XLR mic inputs
- Preamp gain: 0 to +56 dB (digitally controlled)
- Analog inputs: 2 x 1/4″ hi-Z guitar inputs (front panel), 6 x 1/4″ TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced), Max level: +24 dBu (digitally adjustable -96 to +22)
- Analog outputs 8 x 1/4″ TRS line out (balanced, DC coupled), Max level: +20 dBu (digitally adjustable -4 to +20), 1 x 1/4″ TRS stereo headphone
- Digital I/O: 1 bank (8 ch) of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates, 1 bank (4 ch) of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates, Switchable to stereo TOSLink (optical S/PDIF)
- Total I/O: 18 inputs and 18 outputs (36 total) at 1x sample rates, 14 inputs and 14 outputs (28 total) at 2x sample rates, 10 inputs and 10 outputs (20 total) at 4x sample rates
- Computer I/O: 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant, USB 3.0 and iOS compatible, 1 x AVB Ethernet (requires OS X Yosemite)
- Headphone: 1 x 1/4″ TRS stereo phone (assignable)
- Phantom power: 2 x individual +48V
- Front panel: 1 x 1/4″ TRS headphone output, 2 x TRS hi-Z guitar input, 1 x digital rotary encoders • main/phone volume, 2 x digital rotary encoders • guitar input gain/power, 2 x digital rotary encoders • mic preamp gain, 4 x switches • (2) Pad and (2) 48V Phantom switch, 128 x 48 pixel LCD for level meters / menu nav
- Power External: 12-18V DC power supply, 1.0A max • tip pos or neg
Excerpts from Press Release.