Introducing the audio interface with four mic inputs and studio quality sound.
MOTU is now shipping the M6, a new USB-C bus-powered audio interface for Mac, Windows and iOS that offers best-in-class audio quality, best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) and best-in-class metering with a full-colour LCD. With more I/O than the M2 and M4, the 6-input/4-output M6 features four mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs with individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power, two additional 1/4-inch analog inputs, one-touch hardware (direct) monitoring of all inputs (in mono or stereo), four 1/4-inch balanced analog outputs, two headphone outputs with independent volume, MIDI I/O, and ‘loopback’ driver channels for live-streaming and podcasting.
The M6 also features an A/B monitor switch, unique to its class, to compare mix output on two sets of studio monitors. Driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology, both headphone outputs mirror the signal on Monitor Outs 1 & 2 and feature independent volume control. The second headphone output includes a ‘3-4’ switch that allows it to independently monitor Line Outs 3 & 4, which can provide a completely separate mix from the computer.
With bus-powered operation for USB-C computer hosts, the M6 includes a multi-blade international DC power adapter that allows the M6 to provide stand-alone monitoring, without a computer. The power adapter also provides power when the M6 is connected to a USB-A computer host.
“Similar to the M2 and M4, the M6 delivers unmatched audio performance and features in a four mic input interface at this price,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU.
Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology found in audio interfaces costing thousands, the M6 delivers an astonishing 120dB Dynamic Range on its balanced, DC-coupled outputs. Thanks to MOTU’s expertly engineered M Series USB drivers, the M6 delivers class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (with a 32 sample buffer at 96kHz). The M6 is the only audio interface in its class with a full-colour, high-resolution LCD featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs.
M6 Feature Highlights:
- 6-in / 4-out USB audio interface with studio-quality sound
- Best-in-class audio quality driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology
- Best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) for host software processing
- Best-in-class metering for all inputs/outputs with a full-colour LCD
- 4 x mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs on combo XLR/TRS
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each mic input
- 2 x balanced 1/4-inch line inputs
- Hardware (direct) monitoring for all inputs (in mono or stereo)
- Monitor mix knob to balance live inputs and computer playback
- A/B switch to compare mix output on two sets of studio monitors
- Measured -129dB EIN on mic inputs
- 4 x balanced, DC-coupled 1/4-inch TRS outputs
- Measured 120dB dynamic range on the 1/4-inch balanced TRS outputs
- 2 x headphone outs (driven by ESS converters) with independent volume control
- 1 x 3-4 switch for optional headphone monitoring of Line Out 3-4
- MIDI in/out (16 channels to/from USB host)
- Support for 44.1 to 192kHz sample rates
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.5ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96kHz)
- Mac driver (optional, for 2.5ms RTL @ 32/96kHz and loopback feature)
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming and podcasting
- Bus-powered USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) with power switch (USB cables included)
- Multi-blade international DC power adapter for stand-alone operation without a computer
- Rugged metal construction (extruded case, faceplates and knobs)
- Workstation software included (MOTU Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite 11)
- 100+ instruments (in Performer Lite)
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples and one-shots from industry leading libraries
- Kensington security slot
- Two-year warranty
The M6 is priced at US$399.95 and is now shipping.