Lindell Audio 50 Series Brings API to DAW
Plugin Alliance launches Lindell Audio 50 Series with Brainworx-licensed TMT to transform DAWs into an analog mixing console like no other
Plugin Alliance announces availability of 50 Series — the latest product from Swedish plugin partner Lindell Audio, transforming Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) into an analog mixing console like no other by capturing the legendary sound of API as a dual (console channel strip and bus) plugin with patented Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT) officially licensed from Brainworx bringing to light the most convincing model of these classic consoles to date
The tight and powerful sound of API consoles, preamps, and EQs have made them some of the world’s favourites for creating professional-sounding drums, guitars, synths, and more with attitude and presence. Thanks to Brainworx’s patented TMT, users of the Lindell Audio 50 Series can now access the most convincing model of these classic consoles to date, including the slight channel-to- channel variances in the values of their analog components.
Creatively, the Lindell Audio 50 Series does more than just model a single console by providing an array of choices in its dynamics and EQ sections. Ultimately, users can simply switch in their favourite flavour of the classic 500-series modules modelled; moreover, they can also be used on busses or individual tracks.
Users can choose between three classic EQs — the semi-parametric 50A EQ for three-band processing, the 50B for four bands, and the 60 as a precision graphic EQ for radically reshaping sounds in a way that is as transparent and flexible as it is fun.
Finally, the VCA compressor models API’s high-end 2500 series compressor, with additional controls to improve upon the original. On top of that, the included FET compressor nails the tone, simplicity, and ease of use of the original 500 series since it is modelled after the acclaimed API 525 compressor.
- 72 different TMT channel emulations in one plugin — just like a real console
- Three switchable EQs modeled after the most popular 500- series lunchbox designs
- Two switchable compressors
- API noise gate and expander emulation
- API preamp tone capture — full, tight, and punchy — with automatic gain compensation
- Continuously variable THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) and virtual GAIN controls to add colorful saturation and/or simulated analog noise independently or globally
- Scalable UI (User Interface) to adapt to different screen sizes and workflows, with users also benefitting from plenty of preloaded presets providing a useful starting point for finding their sound.