FREE TASCAM HI-RES EDITOR SOFTWARE — AudioTechnology
Tascam has released Hi-Res Editor, a free application that supports up to 11.2MHz DSD files or 384k WAV. The software allows playback and export of DSD files without intermediate conversion to PCM audio, and is available as a download for Windows from the Tascam website.
DSD Audio can be played natively through supporting USB devices such as the TEAC UD-501 and HA-P90SD. In cases where a PCM interface is used, or even the computer’s built-in audio, the software automatically plays DSD back through the interface at any available sample rate. A section of the DSD file can be exported as a new file, either in DSD or WAV format, to separate one long recording into individual tracks.
Two DSD files can also be combined into a new file, for example when a file over 2GB is divided. DSD audio can be converted to PCM, and vice-versa, for burning to CD or online distribution. In addition, Hi-Res Editor can edit the gain level for WAV format audio.
Ideal for users of hi-resolution recorders like the DA-3000, the software is one of the few ways to edit native DSD master recordings, Tascam says.
- Native DSD audio editing and playback, at sampling rates from 2.8MHz to 11.2MHz
- WAV file editing and playback support up to 384kHz/32-bit
- Uses standard ASIO 2.1 audio drivers
- Set in and out points with waveform audio display for trim/export
- Set overall gain of file (PCM files only)
- Split long files into multiple tracks
- Combine function joins two audio files into one
- Convert audio files from DSD to PCM or vice-versa
- Convert PCM sampling frequency and bit depth
- Runs on Windows (using Windows Standard audio driver or ASIO 2.1)