TDR: Feedback Compressor II
A free, unobtrusive compression plugin.
Tokyo Dawn Records is an innovative music collective and label that was established in 1997. TDR is widely credited as a pioneer of the netaudio movement, having made its first steps into the online world using IRC networks, then experimenting with new collaborative techniques and open source music concepts on the internet — years before Napster’s existence. Thanks to the efforts of lead developer Fabien Schivre and collaborator VladG, TDR is not only recognised worldwide for its music releases, but also for its innovative signal processing software releases — with tools such as high-quality equalisers, limiters, and compressors.
The TDR Feedback Compressor II is a major design update of its critically acclaimed predecessor. The compressor is dedicated to compressing the highest fidelity stereo program (2-buss), but equally shines in classic mixing tasks. Where most modern compressors use a ‘feed-forward’ topology that analyses the input signal to control gain reduction, the TDR Feedback Compressor II instead analyses the output.
The Feedback Compressor II takes this traditional compression topology to new heights, and delivers an unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristic with a highly flexible, yet logical control scheme. The compressor has been carefully tuned for intuitive and musical operation in almost every situation, and its original design is one that gives common ‘compressor emulation’ buzzwords a wide berth.
- Beautiful ‘Feedback Compression’ sound and behaviour
- 64bit floating-point precision for all relevant calculations
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy, critical operations run up to 8 times the audio rate
- Delta oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Three side-chain filter slopes: 3dB/Oct, 6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct
- Super fast and natural sounding compression
- Unique control scheme with independent release controls for peak and RMS events, as well as a compression Crest Factor control
- Advanced stereo linking options optimised for the stereo bus
- Delta Preview Mode to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
Tokyo Dawn Records – DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
While this product is no longer supported, all files remain accessible in order to allow for project recalls. Use at your own peril.