Universal Audio Releases Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ Plug‑In
Classic Neve channel strip with top-of-the-line EQ and Unison integration now avaliable with the UAD Apollo platform v9.12
Universal Audio releases UAD Software v9.12, featuring the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug-in — a precise emulation of the coveted British channel module that combines top-shelf Neve sound with extended EQ and Unison preamp integration with Apollo interfaces.
The Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ is the engine powering a handful of sought-after Neve 80 series consoles. Introduced on the heels of the coveted Neve 1073, this rare “upsell” module features the same class-A mic/line preamp as the 1073 with the addition of three switchable EQ bands and narrow or wide Q settings.
Fully endorsed by AMS Neve, and available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ plug-in captures the luxurious analogue character and extended EQ colours of the quintessential British channel module.
“We are excited for the next chapter in our 15 year partnership with Universal Audio. The 1084 holds a special place in the imagination of engineers and producers, and we are thrilled for its introduction to the UAD platform.”— Mark Crabtree (Founder, AMS Neve)
By emulating the entire dual-stage class‑A “Red Knob” preamp, EQ circuit, and post-fader output amplifier, the Neve 1084 plug-in gives users quality Neve sonics with added tone shaping and versatility. Plus, harnessing UA’s Unison Technology, the Neve 1084 plug-in lends authentic front-end punch of the original Neve module with bi-directional control of your Apollo interface’s mic preamps.
Neve 1084 Preamp & EQ — Key Features:
- Authentic plug-in emulation of classic Neve 1084 channel amplifier and EQ
- Versatile EQ options for use on vocals, drums, synths, guitars, and more
- Classic Neve tone — includes all 13 clipping points from the vintage 70’s-era hardware
- Extended EQ — inject “air” or notch out frequencies with EQ filters beyond the 1073
- Faithful class-A preamp character of the original hardware
- Dual-stage mic preamp with Unison technology
- Mix with artist presets from Darrell Thorp, Jimmy Douglass, Joe Chiccarelli, and more