SHURE INTRODUCES ULX-D 900 MHz DIGITAL WIRELESS SYSTEMS - AudioTechnology
Shure recently introduced a new frequency band for its renowned ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems. Targeted for use where UHF ‘TV band’ spectrum is limited or congested, ULX-D 900MHz features components and accessories optimized for use within the 915-928 MHz spectrum, generally known as the Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) band.
With the introduction of industry-leading ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems capable of operating in the unlicensed 900 MHz band, customers can experience high-quality digital wireless audio in an alternative band, free of the regulatory issues wireless microphone users currently face, or may eventually face, in the heavily-saturated UHF TV band.
The 900MHz variants deliver the same high levels of performance as the critically acclaimed TV Band (520 – 694MHz) versions that have proved extremely popular in performance, corporate, and education applications. Ideally suited to ‘broadcast spectrum challenged’ locations such as the Queensland Gold Coast, operating at 900MHz has several advantages over devices that operate in higher frequency bands, such as 1.8GHz including:
- Wider available frequency range;
- Lower RF attenuation through users and building structures, meaning greater operational range; and,
- Simpler integration with exiting antenna and distribution infrastructure.
- ULX-D 900MHz system are available in the same variants as their broadcast band cousins (single, dual, and quad receivers) and integrate with the Shure Wireless Workbench (WWB) control and monitoring application.
- ULX-D 900MHz systems support up to 12 compatible channels per frequency band, or up to 73 channels in high density mode. Now you can use the wireless system you want on the frequency band you need.