Waves Audio and DiGiCo have just released a dedicated iOS version of its popular DiGiGrid audio interface.
DiGiGrid iOS comes with a built-in SoundGrid DSP server for plugin processing and features eight mic/line inputs with broadcast/studio-quality preamps, eight line outputs, two headphone outputs, and MIDI, S/PDIF and AES ins/outs.
Similar to the standard version, the iOS version comes with the complete SoundGrid Studio System software (the SoundGrid Studio Application, StudioRack, and the eMotion ST mixer), that reportedly has a latency of only 0.8 milliseconds.
The interface works with native DAWs, such as Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton, Pro Tools Native, etc., whilst providing a faster workflow and advanced networking. Also, adding a Cat 5e or Cat 6 cable to the devices network switch gives users the ability to add more IOs and components to the system.
- 8 mic/line inputs, 8 line outputs, 2 headphone outputs
- Built-in SoundGrid DSP server
- ASIO/Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Software-controlled award-winning preamps
- MIDI, S/PDIF, and AES/EBU inputs and outputs
- Connects via a single Ethernet cable (Cat 5e/Cat 6)
- Quick-view front panel metering and status indicators
- High-definition ADC/DAC conversion
Price and Availability
Whilst there’s no word as yet on when DiGiGrid iOS will be available in Australia, or its price, our American readers can grab it now directly from Waves for US$3760.
More Info: www.waves.com
Excerpts from PR