CMI: Now Hiring
Music Technology (keyboard and synth) Specialist.
Join our expanding team!
Access to music for everyone. For us and millions of music and content creators across Australia, this is what CMI stands for. Join our marketing team and you’ll build the bridges that will help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We help educate and assist retailers and partners in selling our products; using our expert knowledge of the market, our products, sales channels and the industry to increase reach and access to music and audio equipment.
CMI Music & Audio is seeking a passionate brand specialist, with excellent music technology product knowledge as well as training and communication skills. If you are passionate about music technology, keyboards and synths, audio, all the performing arts and technology, you already fit the first requirement and should keep reading. You will be working in a dynamic and creative environment with equally passionate professionals that are constantly looking for the next best thing, in an always growing and evolving company.
Who we are: CMI Music & Audio is a sales and marketing company that distributes professional music and audio products and technology. Our portfolio represents some of the most highly lauded global musical instruments and audio brands in their category. These brands include Korg, Universal Audio, JBL Professional, ESP Guitars, Arturia, Native Instruments, AKG, and many more.
About the Role
The Music Technology Product Specialist is the main support point for CMI’s Internal staff, Account Managers, retail network and end-users for all music technology products. In-depth understanding and knowledge of CMI’s audio brands and products including KORG, Arturia, Native Instruments, Modal Electronics and more. Your focus will be on supporting the marketing/retail channel, with particular emphasis on Keyboard and Synth products.
You will prepare and present product demonstrations, presentations and documentation for retail stores, effectively communicating key product information and knowledge to help effectively sell and support CMI’s products. You will also maintain regular phone contact and store visits on a national footprint and help strengthen relationships with key accounts and the wider dealer network. You will also be required to provide effective technical support for the internal sales support team, account managers, retail staff and end-users, helping troubleshoot and resolve technical queries. You will also engage with Australian artists to help push the brand’s marketing actions across the music community.
You’ll also be creating and engaging informative written and video content to strengthen brand awareness and product positioning within the market in a creative and insightful way. You will also be assisting in reporting to the manufacturers and creating presentations and marketing reports.
Your duties include but will not be limited to:
- Develop a strong knowledge of Music Technology products and be able to demonstrate in-store visits and product focus sessions
- Focus on helping to drive sales and provide solutions for customers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships throughout the retail dealer network and the CMI’s artist network
- Provide technical support for our internal and external staff, as well as retail network and end-users when required
- Create supporting content that helps educate and entice retailers and consumers
Skills, Attitude and Experience:
- Passion for Music Technology and how it is used within the music industry
- Ability to demonstrate music technology concepts to a variety of different people
- Be able to effectively communicate key product features in an engaging manner
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role/or relevant industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence to drive sales and business in a dynamic market
- “Can do” attitude with a strong work ethic
- 40 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Great communication and training skills
- Good relationship management skills
- Great time management skills
- Musical training/skills are preferable
- Microsoft Office Suite applications with some CRM experience are preferred (Microsoft Dynamics)
Selection criteria, and consideration for this position:
- 3(+) years of experience in a similar role or any other relevant experience
- Ideally, Tertiary qualification in Music Production, Music Teaching or other relevant qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including stakeholder communications
- Multitasking and good stakeholder management
CMI offers flexible work practices including working from home.
Training will be provided for a smooth handover.
Please send your resume and cover letter here.