Baz’s Big-Screen Biopic Bounty
Luhrmann’s Elvis cleans up at the AACTA Awards.
A big congratulations goes out to the cast and crew of Elvis after its epic haul at the 2022 AACTA Awards Ceremony, held at The Horden in Sydney on Wednesday night. Winning nearly every category it was nominated for, the film received 12 awards all up — including the award for best film sound, shared by David Lee, Wayne Pashley, Andy Nelson, and Michael Keller.
Elvis Tally Board:
- AACTA Award for Best Cinematography in Film: Mandy Walker
- AACTA Award for Best Costume Design in Film: Catherine Martin
- AACTA Award for Best Direction in Film presented by Filmology Finance: Baz Luhrmann
- AACTA Award for Best Editing in Film presented by Spectrum Films: Matt Villa, Jonathan Redmond
- AACTA Award for Best Film: Baz Luhrmann, Catherine Martin, Gail Berman, Patrick McCormick, Schuyler Weiss – Bazmark
- AACTA Award for Best Lead Actor in Film: Austin Butler
- AACTA Award for Best Production Design in Film: Catherine Martin, Karen Murphy, Beverley Dunn
- AACTA Award for Best Sound in Film: David Lee, Wayne Pashley, Andy Nelson, Michael Keller
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress in Film: Olivia DeJonge
- AACTA Award for Best Hair and Makeup presented by HASK: Shane Thomas, Louise Coulston, Mark Coulier, Jason Baird
- AACTA Award for Best Visual Effects or Animation: Tom Wood, Fiona Crawford, Julian Hutchens, Joshua Simmonds, Adam Hammond – Warner Bros. Pictures
- AACTA Audience Choice Award for Best Film