NAMM: ARP 2600M Synthesiser
The genuine ARP 2600 in a more convenient size; 60% the size of the original with class-compliant USB-MIDI and a shrunken spring reverb
The ARP 2600 is arguably the most iconic and recognisable synthesizer of all time. Having been used in countless records, film scores, TV shows and game soundtracks since its appearance from the 70’s through to today, the ARP 2600’s sound remains an essential part of the music world.
The new ARP 2600 M delivers the sound admired around the world, in a more compact and portable format and including added features that make it an ideal incarnation of this historic synth.
When the ARP 2600 FS was announced in January 2020, it quickly became a phenomenal success with musicians recognising the faithfulness to the original ARP 2600.
The ARP 2600 M is around 60% the original size, making it lighter, more portable and easier to place and use in a studio. It integrates the same analog circuitry and components as the ARP 2600 FS, thus faithfully reproducing the characteristic ARP sound.
Proudly Designed and Made in Japan
The ARP 2600 M is built in Japan with the same care and quality standards as the ARP 2600 FS, and uses the same analog components to accurately reproduce the sound and feel of the original.
The Spring Reverb has been re-engineered and adapted to the new size body to the same lush effect.
The ARP 2600 M comes with a dedicated Carry Case that not only protects your instrument, but also makes it easier to transport, thanks to its custom casters with special anti-shock damping technology.
There is also enough space to carry other gear together, like your favourite volca, SQ-64 or MIDI controller!
A must-have in the studio
More than a synthesiser, the ARP 2600 M is a sound design studio. Even today, the ARP 2600 stands as a bridge between the individual elements of modular synthesis and the immediacy of a production / performance instrument. Included are an ample supply of oscillators, envelopes, a filter and amplifier – all of the building blocks of analog synthesis. But the ARP 2600 M goes even further, with a spring reverb tank and even a pair of built-in monitor speakers. Also present is much of the versatility of a vintage modular system, including a ring modulation, lag and voltage processors, an envelope follower, audio preamp, a clock-able switch, noise source, a sample-and-hold module, signal inverters, an auxiliary mixer, and even a set of parallel-wired/multi jacks.
Added features and functionality
The new ARP 2600 M is not only faithful to the original, it also includes an array of added features that will make it even easier to use:
- Plug and play: Connect any class compliant MIDI controller such as a KORG microKeys, nanokeys or SQ-64 to one of the ARP 2600 M’s USB ports (USB-A and USB-B) and automatically get full control of your instrument!
- Resized: The new size makes it easier to visualise your patch and also allows you to use shorter patch cables
- Filter Choice: Two types of filters from two versions of the original ARP 2600 (4012 type, 4072 type)
- More MIDI: 5-Pin DIN plug MIDI IN added
- Modern Control: Pitch-bend, Modulation, Portamento ON/OFF and Portamento ON/OFF can be controlled through MIDI CC messages (USB/DIN MIDI)
- Normalised voltage: The threshold of the trigger signal required to activate the ADSR through the S/H GATE JACK has been reduced from 10V to 5V, making it much easier to use in combination with other gear such as volcas or Eurorack modules
- Tweaked Parameters: Improved Attack and Release time ratios
- Easy Connections: L/R Stereo Output Jack (instead of XLR)
- Convenient Features: Speakers turn automatically off when using headphones
- Improved, smoother sliders
Limited Edition Version
Celebrating the rebirth of this iconic synth, the first 1000 units will come with a special colour road case, as well as a KORG microKEY2-37 so you can start playing right away!
Free bundle of music software
The ARP 2600 FS comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including “Ozone Elements” which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, “Skoove” which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, “Reason Lite” DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands.
In other words, the moment you get your hands on this synthesiser you’ll have a variety of tools to help you take your music to the next level.