If you’re looking for a drop-in digital replacement for your analogue console then these are exciting times, with the big guns all lining up to take your dough. Arguably, Allen & Heath, has defined the market segment with its Qu range, by providing a one fader per input approach, backed up with an easy workflow to its per-channel EQ and processing. Soundcraft has now weighed in, introducing the new Si Impact digital mixing console. The Si Impact is designed to be as simple as an analogue mixer, but with workflow enhancements and DSP power that make it the right tool for the stage and, if you so wish, the recording studio.
The 40-input Soundcraft Si Impact offers powerful live sound digital mixing with ViSi iPad control and built-in Stagebox connectivity for I/O expansion. In addition to its live sound components, the Si Impact has a 32-in/32-out USB recording and playback interface that provides easy multitrack recording and playback directly from a DAW. Right out of the box, you get a free download of Ableton Live 9 Lite.
The fully motorised faders come equipped with Soundcraft FaderGlow illumination technology and LCD channel displays or ‘scribble strips’ for visual feedback and easy operation.
The Si Impact provides 32 mic/line inputs, 40 DSP input channels (32 mono inputs and four stereo channels/returns) and 31 output buses (all with full DSP processing and GEQ) with 20 subgroup aux busses and four mono/stereo matrix busses. Eight XLR/quarter-inch combi-jacks are available for line inputs and instruments, while a 4-band fully parametric EQ is available for each channel and bus. The Si Impact also offers studio grade effects and dynamics from Soundcraft’s sister companies BSS, Lexicon and dbx.
The Si Impact supports up to eight VCA masters and eight Mute groups, plus 26 motorized input faders and LR/Mono (fully motorised with four fully customizable fader layers). The console also features a 5-inch color touchscreen display for easy access to show setup, patching, FX, and security.
- 32 Mic Inputs
- 8 XLR/1/4″ Combi-jacks for line inputs and instruments
- 40 DSP input channels (32 mono inputs and 4 stereo channels/returns)
- 31 Output busses (All with full DSP processing and GEQ)
- 4-band Fully Parametric EQ on each channel and bus
- 8 VCAs + 8 Mute groups
- 26 motorised faders (24 input + LR/Mono)
- 4 fully customisable Fader Layers
- Built-in Stagebox Connectivity
- 5″ touchscreen display
- Multi-Colour LCD Channel Displays on each input fader
- 4 studio-grade Lexicon Effects engines and dedicated FX busses
- BSS Graphic Equalisers on every bus
- 20 sub-group / aux busses
- 4 mono/stereo matrix busses
- 32×32 USB audio interface for multi-track recording and playback
SOUNDCRAFT Si IMPACT @ INTEGRATE 2015
Jands (02) 9582 0909 or www.jands.com.au