SOFTUBE’S MODULAR GETS THE BIG BUCHLA 296E
Softube has launched a new Modular module that offers high-end spectral filtering and processing – a model of the Buchla 296e Spectral Processor; one of the most expensive and exclusive hardware synth modules.
Softube Buchla 293e
Scratch the surface of any synthesiser, and you’ll find the heritage of a few great brands. Buchla has been responsible for some of the most innovative, creative, and sonically spectacular electronic musical equipment ever made.
In addition to our previously released 259e Twisted Waveform Generator, users can now advantage of the myriad spectral processing capabilities of the big friendly filter bank; the new 296e Spectral Processor; the only software version of this module officially licensed by Buchla U.S.A.
Buchla 296e features
- Officially licensed and endorsed by Buchla U.S.A. – the only such emulation of this rare and exclusive module.
- 16 band-pass filters, each with its own VCA and envelope follower.
- Separate envelope decay times for each band.
- Programmable graphic EQ.
- Real time performance filter.
- Morph between ‘A’ and ‘B’ level settings.
- Performs complex spectral transfer functions.
- Special new feature allows for ‘playing’ the filters with MIDI.
- Use as a vocoder, split into two banks of eight, or using two modules at once for full 16-band operation.
- Externally controllable “freeze” function stores the input spectrum as envelope values, or A and B levels, in the module’s memory.
- Multiband extraction of envelopes from audio inputs.
Check out Softube’s intro video: