PL+S 2019: EX-AKG BRINGS HANDMADE MICS BACK TO VIENNA WITH AUSTRIAN AUDIO
Austrian Audio brings handmade microphones back to Vienna. Full brand debut plus 8 new products across 5 categories at Musikmesse 2019: handcrafted microphone systems, digital control systems, professional software & processing, headphones and customisable high-speed industrial test and measurement equipment for manufacturers’ assembly lines and QC. Group Technologies is very pleased to announce it has been appointed the exclusive Australian distributor of this new brand.
All will be on display with live demos during:
Frankfurt’s Musikmesse ProLight + Sound. Hall 8.0, Stand C45. April 2nd-5th.
“I couldn’t be prouder of what this team has accomplished in under two years of development and now into full production. This is what happens when you reassemble a team that has decades of experience working together. Austrian Audio will bring back ‘Made in Vienna’ and will provide the tools to ‘Make your passion heard’”, stated Martin Seidl – CEO.
“Austrian Audio will debut its line of handmade large diaphragm condenser microphones. These will feature patent-applied-for technologies and will introduce Open Acoustics Technologies”, he elaborated, “It has been a huge effort but ‘Made in Vienna’ is back and so is this heritage team.”
- Taking centre stage for the debut will be a pair of large diaphragm condenser (LDC) microphones that are handmade in Vienna, Austria; the OC818 multipattern & OC18 cardioid only microphone. These mics are handcrafted all the way down to the CKR12 (Capsule Keramik Ring), which are constructed one-at-a-time by two of the most experienced hands in the business. Both mics feature the same great capsules. Choose according to required features; no compromise in sound!
- The OC818 microphone is the first multi-patterned microphone to feature the world’s first wireless pattern and switching control via an optional transmitter/receiver (OCR8) that can be fitted to the rear of the microphone. This unique tool allows for a previously unheard of 255 discrete polar patterns between figure-of-eight, through all of the cardioid versions and into omnidirectional. The free control software, PolarPilot, will be available for iOS and Android. This all occurs in the analog domain and there is no processing or conversion of the mic’s signal to digital.
- The OC818 also features a 2nd output that allows the recordist, engineer, musician and forward-thinking artist to record the rear facing capsule independently of the forward-facing capsule. If both capsules are recorded to a stereo or dual-mono track, the free and Open Source PolarDesigner plug-in (Mac/Win: VST, AU & AAX) will allow for unprecedented control and tailoring of polar patterns between 1 and 5 bands with selectable crossover points.
- Each microphone will be available in a variety of packs to fit different needs; singles and pairs, accessories or not.
- Aurora is Austrian Audio’s customisable & high-speed industrial test & measurement system with unparalleled flexibility and detail in reporting, analysis and yield adjustment.
- The new OC818 and OC18 microphones and additional technologies will be available for demonstration with a preview of our custom headphones: Hi-X50 and Hi-X55.